Thursday, November 15, 2007

Undeniably Great Songs That I Am, Regrettably, Sick Of

"Satisfaction," the Rolling Stones: The brute simplicity of its riff is part of its genius, but that gets wearing once you've heard the song a thousand times.

"Moondance,"
Van Morrison: I have all of Moondance loaded on my iPod, save the title song.

"I Got You (I Feel Good),"
James Brown: For a while there, every third commercial was using this song. Now they have switched over to...

"Love Train,"
the O'Jays.

"Should I Stay or Should I Go,"
the Clash: The same basic problem as "Satisfaction," and my sons put it on every CD they burn, so I can't escape it.

On the other hand, I have listened to "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" eleventy-bazillion times apiece, and I still hear something new in them every single time.

No comments: