Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." -- Buddha (no, not the guy from Ace of Base, the real Siddhartha Gautama)

You may have noticed the Sitemeter logo pop up on this blog earlier this week. I had been reluctant to install a hit counter here, because having days pass without any hits at all just seemed too depressing, but I finally decided to go ahead and do it, expecting that I'd be getting one or two visitors a day. But since I got the meter up and running on Tuesday morning, I'm closing in now on 100 visitors to OPC, for which I am very grateful.

So let me wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and say thank you to everyone who drops by here. It's nice to know I'm not just wasting my time with this site -- I'm wasting your time! Ha! Ha!

Seriously, though, I appreciate each and every one of you who has chosen to spend your entertainment time at "One Poor Correspondent." I hope you learned a little, or at least didn't get sick.

2 comments:

MJN said...

Hey, you're in the 99th percentile when it comes to blog hits. See http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-1113blogsnov13,0,6075539.story, particularly this excerpt:

Q: Any idea how many of the 109.2 million blogs you track get no hits in the course of a year?
A: Just over 99 percent. The vast majority of blogs exist in a state of total or near-total obscurity.

Tom Nawrocki said...

According to Technorati.com, we are the 1,644,723rd ranked blog in the known universe. I think we can crank that up to 1,500,000th in no time.