Monday, March 24, 2008

Sick in the Head

When I founded OPC, just over a year ago, it was with the firm conviction that this should not be a spot for me to lay out my personal travails. I have read too many bloggers who decide that people are reading the blog because they really want to know what's going on in the author's personal life, whether or not that has anything to do with the subject matter of the blog. I'm not always sure what the subject matter of this blog is, but whatever it is, it certainly is not my personal travails.

Fortunately, my pal Larry Smith has set up a site that is nothing but personal travails, so I have posted some of mine over there. It's totally up to you whether you pop over there to read it, though.

3 comments:

Pike said...

Oh, right. You "founded OPC." Just like Gore "invented the Internet." Can't you simply admit that OPC was the result of the efforts of hundreds and perhaps thousands of people? At long last, sir, have you left no sense of decency?

Your mad claims make me physically ill.

Tom Nawrocki said...

I wish some of those "thousands of people" would come back and give me ideas for posts once in a while.

Pike said...

Readers aren't naive. We know that "T. Nawrocki" is an umbrella rubric that stands for an entire community of writers and scientists who work in a complex the size of the Pentagon.

(Couldn't you at least have come up with a realistic name? I mean, "T. Nawrocki"? That's some sort of complicated acronym, right?)