Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bill Idelson, R.I.P.


Bill Idelson, who wrote the "Odd Couple" episode I mentioned the other day called "Natural Childbirth" as well as many episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show," "The Bob Newhart Show," and "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir," died on Dec. 31. I haven't found out how old he was, but he was plenty old.

Idelson was also a sometime actor, best known for playing Herman Glimscher, Sally's loser boyfriend, on several episodes of "The Dick Van Dyke Show."

Please weigh in with your Bill Idelson memories and tributes in comments. As soon as I find out how old he was, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

MJN said...

Voicechasers.com says he was born August 21, 1920 in Forest Park, Illinois, making him a little older even than Carl Reiner.

Tom Nawrocki said...

Thanks for the tip! Bill Idelson, dead at the age of 87.