Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Feisty

If this blog had any sort of sizable readership, I'm sure I would have gotten several notes from people complaining that I was denigrating the talents of Feist when I scoffed at her chances for superstardom, especially from my hypothetical Canadian contingent. But that's not the case at all; I made no claims regarding her musical abilities, since, as I said, I had never heard any of La Feist's music.

But I have now, in the course of buying tickets for an upcoming Feist show here in Colorado, at which I hope to bury the hatchet on this one-sided, mostly nonexistent feud we've been having. Feist's Web site plays snippets of her tunes incessantly, so any interested parties are invited to dial that puppy up.

For my money, she sounds like a Melanie for the 21st century. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is left up to the devices of the reader.

No comments: