Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heed the Beatles

Some choice quotes from The Beatles Anthology:

John: "I sat in a restaurant in Spain and the violinist insisted on playing 'Yesterday' right in my ear. Then he asked me to sign the violin. I didn't know what to say so I said, 'OK,' and I signed it and Yoko signed it. One day he's going to find out that Paul wrote it. But I guess he couldn't have gone from table to table playing 'I Am the Walrus.'"

George: "He was paranoid about being shortsighted and we'd have to take him into a club and lead him to his seat, so that he could go in without his glasses on and look cool. It was funny when Cynthia was out with him; they'd sit outside in the car, arguing as to whose turn it was to put the glasses on to go in and see where we were sitting."

Ringo: "Sgt. Pepper was great for me because it's a fine album - but I did learn to play chess while we were recording it."

Paul: "I think it's a fine little album. The fact that it's got so much on it is one of the things that's cool about it.... I'm not a great one for that, you know - 'Maybe it was too many of that...' What do you mean? It was great! It sold! It's the bloody Beatles White Album! Shut up!"

John: "When I feel my head start to swell, I look at Ringo - then I know we're not superhuman!"

No comments: