Friday, June 8, 2007

OPC's Coverage of the NBA Finals

I don't follow the NBA.

I used to follow the NBA fairly closely; I was a big Bulls fan when they were winning all their titles, then after Michael Jordan's second retirement, I joined an NBA rotisserie league, which kept me involved for a few years. After a couple of years of doing that, the Nets (at that point my hometown team) reached the NBA Finals two years in a row, and I dutifully although somewhat dispassionately rooted for them.

Now I just can't bring myself to be interested. The Nuggets are not very engrossing or good, and in this peripatetic world we live in, I don't think it's proper to adopt the teams in whatever town you find yourself moving to willy-nilly. I have already begun following the Rockies, and look what that's got me.

At any rate, I don't follow the NBA. Some of the bloggers I read, like Matthew Yglesias over at the Atlantic Monthly, write about the NBA regularly and with keen interest, and I find myself thinking, Dude, don't you know the NBA is over?

No comments: