Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Please Come to Fox

Written by Dave Loggins; additional lyrics by Chakra Monkey

Please come to Boston for the series
I'm stayin' here with some friends and they've got extra seats
We can sit atop the Monster and yell at Manny
The game can’t last till much past two a.m.
Please come to Boston
She said "No, would you come home to me"

And she said, "Hey ramblin' boy now won'tcha settle down
Boston ain't your kinda town
There ain't no Tim and I want to watch the TV
I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee"

Please come to Denver with the Rockpile
We'll move up into the last row so far that we can't see Hawpe
And watch the triples echo past Willy Taveras
And then lie awake at night till there’s snow on the field
Please come to Denver
She said "No, boy, would you come home to me"

And she said, "Hey ramblin' boy why don'tcha settle down
Denver ain't your kinda town
There ain't no Tim and I want to watch the TV
'Cause I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee"

Now McCarver’s world goes 'round and 'round
And I doubt that it's ever gonna stop
But of all the games he’s talked around
And for all of Joe Buck’s rot
I still need to hear him
Somebody still loves Tim

Please come to LA to live forever
We can help Jeff Kent as he’s washing his truck
I live in a house that looks out over Lasorda
And we can always get a seat as long as we get there
After the seventh
Please come to LA
She just said "No, boy, won't you come home to me"

And she said, "Hey ramblin' boy why don't cha settle down
LA can't be your kinda town
There ain't no Tim and I want to watch the TV
No, no, I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee
I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee..."

No comments: