Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Worst Album Titles of All Time


You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Tuna Fish, REO Speedwagon: I wonder if this joke is actually older than Kevin Cronin himself.

You're Getting' Even While I'm Getting Odd, J. Geils Band: Has there ever been one of these long jokey titles that worked?

You Bought It, You Name It, Joe Walsh: OK, Joe, we get it -- you're lazy, and not nearly as funny as you think you are.

Tim, the Replacements: Who?

You Could Have Been With Me, Sheena Easton: I have no problem with naming an album after a song title, as long as the album could have plausibly had that name anyway, like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or London Calling. I came up with this rule when I first heard the title of this record, which I'm sure Sheena Easton's mother doesn't even remember at this point, way back in 1981.

Cut the Crap, the Clash: Good advice.

Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water, Limp Bizkit: It's hard to believe there was a time when Fred Durst was a big star.

One Dozen Berries
, Chuck Berry: Songs are not berries any more than they are martinis.

Let Me Up (I've Had Enough): Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: I can't think of any reason why you would need to use parentheses on an album title, although I give a pass to Oasis' (What's the Story) Morning Glory, because using parentheses at the beginning of an album title is so perverse I gotta think there's something more to it.

No comments: