Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Land of a Thousand Stinkbombs

Two of the most misbegotten movies of all time were the Bee Gees/Peter Frampton version of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Blues Brothers 2000, in which the eighteen-years-dead John Belushi was replaced by John Goodman, a black guy and a little kid. I haven't seen the film, but I assume that wasn't enough.

Do you know who had the misfortune of appearing in both of those stinkers? Wilson Pickett, the Wicked Mr. Pickett. Good thing he had a singing career to fall back on.

3 comments:

Kinky Paprika said...

Billy Preston is in both movies as well.

Tom Nawrocki said...

I sincerely hope this doesn't mean you sat through both of them.

Kinky Paprika said...

I have not seen BB2K, but I *did* remember reading a review that reminded me that someone from Sgt. Pepper's was in that movie.
I had to go to IMDB to remember/identify who it was.