Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Sacred Honor

In a tremendously entertaining Super Bowl, maybe my favorite part was this short film that Fox showed right at the end of the pregame show. (This was the only part of the pregame show I saw; I was watching Rear Window on DVD, and I pity anyone who sat through four hours of Fox instead.) The opening is unfortunately cheesy, but stick with it: The NFL players and coaches reciting the Declaration of Independence is quite moving. Plus it gave me a chance to explain to my seven-year-old son what the Declaration of Independence was.

The best part is a fired-up Michael Strahan with a bunch of New York City firefighters. It's great to see Alan Page, too. Lovie Smith doesn't seem too into his bit, but then again, Lovie Smith never seems too into anything.

No comments: